Other Florida Insurance Coverage Options

Car insurance is critical to a driver with four wheels on the ground, but what if you live in the Panama City Beach area and like getting around by other means? There are many options available to those operating motor vehicles of all kinds from Don Hood Insurance Agency.

For those that like to cruise in a two-wheeled vehicle, you should check the engine size to see if it falls under the state's definitions. Maintaining coverage as a driver is the peace of mind you need on the road when driving around the state of Florida. Feel the wind and sun, free of the worry of sting and burn that not having insurance can lead to in the future.

Boaters should be aware of the coverage offered under a boat-owner's policy. Gain the peace of mind you need when enjoying a day out on the water with your family.

Don Hood Insurance Agency is capable of providing insurance for motorists that get around on two wheels or on the water. One of the benefits of having an independent agent is that not only are we knowledgeable about the laws, we take the time to help inform clients of them as well. Whether you happen to be in need for a policy that offers coverages for a boat or motorcycle, Don Hood Insurance Agency will help keep you on the go.

Tips For Protecting Boats And Motorcycles

Before you take your motorcycle on the road or put your boat on the water, it may pay to be certain your insurance is ship-shape. Motorcycles and boats are often significant investments, and the right insurance policy can help protect them. Here are a few tips, courtesy of Don Hood Insurance Agency:

  • Evaluate your specific needs. Insuring a boat or a motorcycle is different than insuring your car or home. A specialized motorcycle policy, for instance, can provide coverage for custom paint jobs and aftermarket equipment that might not be covered if the bike were just added to a generic auto policy.
  • Similarly, a specialized boat policy could cover things like the cost to replace lost or damaged fishing gear and costly services such as emergency on-water towing and fuel-spill cleanup. You probably wouldn't get this coverage by adding a boat to a homeowner's policy.
  • Consult with an independent agency – like Don Hood Insurance Agency Unlike "captive" agents who represent only one company, independent insurance agents and brokers are licensed insurance professionals who represent several companies. They can offer you a variety of coverage's, review and evaluate your policies, suggest new coverage options that meet your changing needs and answer your questions.
"An independent insurance agent or broker can make sure you have the specialized coverage you need to protect your boat or bike," said Jim Lloyd, of the Progressive Group of Insurance Companies. "Some insurance companies provide only bare-bones protection for your boat or motorcycle by simply adding it onto your existing auto or homeowner's policy, but independent agents and brokers can review and evaluate your needs to help match you with the company that will provide you with the combination of specialized coverage, service and price that's best for you."

To learn more about Progressive Boat and Motorcycle insurance, contact Don Hood Insurance Agency or visit progressiveagent.com.